Error Code 11001: Host not found
Nik
2006-10-10 15:01:01 UTC
Certain websites not accessible e.g.
www.nextiraone.be
www.macline.be

I'm able to surf to other websites. I get the following error message:

Error Code 11001: Host not found
Background: This error indicates that the gateway could not find the IP
address of the website you are trying to access. This is usually due to a
DNS-related error.
Date: 10/10/2006 14:47:57
Server: bekiisa1.ki.com
Source: DNS error
Error Code 11001: Host not found

Setup:
- ISA Server2004 Edge firewall SP2 - Webproxy clients
- I think it's not a DNS error, I'm able to resolve the name on our DNS
server.
- I've disabled the compression, diffserv, http filter but still the same
error.

Thx.
s***@hotmail.com
Date: 10/10/2006 14:47:57
Server: bekiisa1.ki.com
Source: DNS error
Error Code 11001: Host not found
- ISA Server2004 Edge firewall SP2 - Webproxy clients
- I think it's not a DNS error, I'm able to resolve the name on our DNS
server.
- I've disabled the compression, diffserv, http filter but still the same
error.
Thx.
I would run a couple of checks if i were you:
1) Check if the sites are accessible on the ISA box itself. First check
if the names are resolvable.
2) Access the sites based on their IP addresses both on the ISA box and
clients.
Nik
2006-10-18 12:48:21 UTC
I'm able to resolve the names on the ISA server.
Strange enough the websites are accessible from a client, why I don't
know??? But it's working now. When I had the problem I was also able to
resolve the names on the ISA.
clients.
"Phillip Windell" <@.>
2006-10-18 14:18:33 UTC
DNS config should not be allowed to become "haphazzard".

It needs to be done according to this pattern:
1. All machines (every last one) on the LAN is to use the AD/DNS machines
(typically the DCs) on the LAN
2. The AD/DNS machines then have the ISP's DNS added to the Forwarders List
within the DNS Service Config.
3. The ISA needs an Access Rule for DNS that allows the AD/DNS machines to
*anonymously* make DNS Queries to the ISP's DNS.
--
Phillip Windell [MCP, MVP, CCNA]
www.wandtv.com

The views expressed are my own (as annoying as they are), and not those of
my employer or anyone else associated with me.